skip to Main Content

2018 Successful Grant Recipients

The Feed Melbourne Appeal grants focus is on building the capacity of existing food relief charities who offer services and support in local communities throughout Victoria.

Grants are issued for the purchase of staple food and to help improve the service and operational efficiency of organisations.

Purchase of staple food including dairy and meat is provided through a partnership with PFD Foodservice.

Grants for cool rooms, refrigeration, food transport, food storage and kitchen equipment were also issued this year to improve the existing services and develop capacity to deliver more.

The grant applications are assessed by a review panel who allocate 60% of the total funds to charities, with the remaining 40% allocated to FareShare. FareShare is Australia’s largest charity kitchen which rescues surplus food and cooks it into nutritious healthy meals which are distributed for free.

The 2018 grant to FareShare will enable them to cook 354,292 meals.

We are proud to announce this year 38 grants with 5 being in Rural Victoria.

Below is a map and list of successful applicants with details of each organisation, the service they provide, and the grant amount.